(Redirected from Filter)
Filters can be used to add links, insert multimedia players, convert Mathematical expressions or emoticons into images and more.
A filter may be enabled at the site level and then removed as needed at the course or activity level. Thus a teacher can disable glossary auto-linking in a quiz for example.
Filters in Moodle include:
- Activity names auto-linking - Scans course text for activity titles that exist in the same course and creates a link to them
- Algebra notation - Convert algebra code into images
- Convert URLs into links and images - Converts URLs in selected formats, such as Moodle auto-format, to click-able links
- Database auto-linking - Enables automatic linking of course Database activity entries
- Display emoticons as images - Converts textual emoticon (smiley) characters into images
- Email protection - Obfuscates email address links to make them more difficult for spammers to harvest
- Glossary auto-linking - Scans text for glossary entries that exist in the same course and creates a link
- HTML tidy - Checks any added HTML code that it is XHMTL compliant
- MathJax - For adding mathematical equations and expressions using an equation editor
- Multimedia plugins - Converts HTML links in text that points to a multimedia resource and replaces the link with an appropriate multimedia players
- Multi-Language content - Enables resources to be created in multiple languages
- TeX notation Displaying math formulae in TeX notation using images
- Word censorship - This filter "blacks out" words found on a list you can manage
Filters have also been made by developers in the community. Some docs online for these include:
- FontAwesome - This scans text for icons that can be embedded using the FontAwesome icon set.
- IPA - Renders simple X-SAMPA markup in the International Phonetic Alphabet
- PoodLL - is the core PoodLL plugin for Moodle. It contains all the recorders, widgets and the code that makes it possible to use them around Moodle. It is a required component for all the other PoodLL plugins.
- filter generico - gives you considerable ability to customize your Moodle site without having to resort to multiple plugins, or custom PHP coding
- filter multiembed - Facilitates embedding of third-party content from a growing list of service providers (e.g. Prezi, Haiku Deck, etc.)
- Managing filters
- Common filter settings for the site
- Filters FAQ