Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.7. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Poll block.
This block allows you to create custom polls for use in a Moodle course.
- A course can have many polls created within it; you can then choose which one to display through the block configuration tabs.
- This is a block that was made back in 2007.
- It doesn't use choice code, the block is designed to be addable anywhere in moodle, including mymoodle, something the Choice module can't do.
- From the Moodle plugins database
- It is available for Moodle 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5.
It is quite easy to use this poll
- Just go inside the course you want (or the site front page)
- Turn editing on
- Inside the 'Add a block' block, choose 'Poll'
- Configure the poll block settings
- Enjoy :)
Using this block in the Main Page by someone who is not a teacher
- If you want to provide a particular student with permissions to modify the poll; and created a new roll called "Poll Manager" which can be applied to a block (but is based on the normal student roll), which has special permission to edit a block, and update the poll block. It seems to work ok (allowing the student to view responses and setup new poll), except that when they create a new poll it comes up with an error:
error/You must be a teacher to perform this action
If anyone else is interested, you can get around this issue ("error/You must be a teacher to perform this action") by creating it as a System role and assigning it on the Front Page to the person I wanted to be able to manage polls.