Difference between revisions of "System paths"
(Added ==Path to php cli== for Moodle 3.6)
|Line 66:||Line 66:|
Latest revision as of 15:35, 15 May 2019
An administrator can set the following system paths in Administration > Site administration > Server > System Paths.
Note: When setting the system paths on Windows systems, use of the 8.3 notation for the path and filename is preferred. So instead of entering c:\program files\path to aspell\aspell.exe, enter c:\progra~1\path~1\aspell.exe. Check the exact 8.3 path using the dir /x command at the prompt.
Path to du
This binary file was used in Moodle 1.x to quickly look up the size of data directories. It is possible that some add-ons still use this functionality. In linux based servers, du is by default installed and can be located generally in /usr/bin/share
If you have access to a terminal:
[root@moodle ~]# which du
Path to aspell
If PSpellSpell is selected as the spell engine for TinyMCE in Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Text editors > TinyMCE HTML editor then you must specify the correct path to access the aspell binary.
In addition, you MUST have aspell 0.50 or later installed on your server. On Unix/Linux systems use the which program to determine the path:
[root@moodle ~]# which aspell /usr/bin/aspell
In this example the path to enter is /usr/bin/aspell.
On a Windows system, download and install GNU aspell together with at least one dictionary and then use the search facility in Explorer to find the aspell.exe file. The path should look like:
It can be best to install aspell in c:\aspell or use the 8.3 notation if you are installing in c:\program files so that the path looks like
Path to dot
Path to dot is for enabling image generation; eg, in profiling. The generated graphs are really useful to see what each request does. To have profiling visible (and working), the xhprof extension must be installed in PHP.
- If you want to use the authoring tools for the Preg question type , you will need to install the Graphviz Graph Visualization Software and set the 'path to dot'.
- In Windows the path to dot is likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphviz2.38\bin\dot.exe
- To find the path to doc in a Mac, open a terminal window and type:
- In Mac the path to dot is likely /opt/local/bin/dot
- Type the path for your OS in 'Site administration / ▶︎ Server / ▶︎ System paths ' Path to dot
Path to php cli
Path to PHP CLI. Probably something like /usr/bin/php in Linux and Mac. If you enter this, Cron scripts can be executed from admin web interface.
- To find the path to php cli in a Mac, open a terminal window and type:
which php cli
- HowTo: Installing aspell in Ubuntu (with dictionary) forum discussion