WIRIS math & science questions
- Managing questions
- Question behaviours
- Question types
- Simple Calculated
- Drag and drop into text
- Drag and drop markers
- Drag and drop onto image
- Calculated Multichoice
- Embedded Answers (Cloze)
- Multiple Choice
- Random Short Answer Matching
- Select missing words
- Third-party question types
- Questions FAQ
WIRIS quizzes is a bunch of new question types for math & science questions. For an overview of WIRIS math tools suite check WIRIS for Moodle.
|Note: Wiris question types require the use of Java browser applets and require JRE to be installed on users' computers/devices. This can be either impractical or impossible in many cases.|
WIRIS quizzes improves the question types True/False, Multiple choice, Matching, Short answer, Essay, Embedded answers (Cloze)... To sum up, every question type you may come across. The WIRIS quizzes enhancements are summarized in the following list:
- Formula edition at authoring time and formula visualization at presentation time.
- WYSIWYG input of formulas in the student answers of open question. Formulas are input in the habitual mathematical notation. Country locales.
- Syntax validation in student answers. Real time syntax validation if needed.
- Grading the answers considering mathematical equivalences and criteria. Use WIRIS quizzes studio to choose your assertions for grading.
- Generating random questions via an algorithm and advanced grading (when it is not sufficient to compare the student answer with the correct answer).
- Easy inclusion of 2D and 3D graphics in the questions. Such graphics can be optionally generated from random parameters.
Where to start
- Math and science in Moodle
- Moodle 2.x demo environment
- Moodle 1.9 demo environment
- STEM collection of free quizzes (1)
- STEM collection of free quizzes (2)