Booking module for managing course participants (online course or offline course)
- Max participants
- Automatic course subscription
- Confirmation mail
- Download userlist as xls or ods (you can select which custom fields to export)
- Cancellation system
- Subscription period
- Automatic add events to Moodle calendar
- Tags, categories
- Automatic enrol users in groups
- Sending custom message to users
How to use the booking module
- General settings:
- Add an activity > Booking
- Give a general name (not your EVENT name), booking text will be shown at the top of page.
- Default booking limit Numbers can be defined at each event page too.
- Time period is very important.
- Yes to email settings
- Policy page is really useful.
- Save and display
- Edit booking option (See No3. in step2)
- Events settings
- Click on the ‘Manage x responses’ link at the top-right corner
- Click on the bottom/latest ‘Edit this booking option’ under ‘Mange column’
- Give an Event name into ‘Booking’ field.
- You can define ‘limit number’ and ‘Restrict time’ here again.
- Looks like you can book for other course, but, I think we can ignore this.
- Description will be shown on the booking table, very important.
- Click on ‘Save and add new’
- You can delete a user’s booking
- You can delete an event with all bookings in it.
- You can click on the button ‘Download users as .xls’ to download bookings in spreadsheet for each Event, or click on the button at the bottom of page to get a full list (Great!)
- Click on the ‘Permissions’ under the ‘Settings’ block.
- At the dropdown menu: ‘Advanced role override’ choose ‘Manager’ (or teacher, or any role)
- At table: Activity: Booking, tick ‘Allow’ Permission to all five lines (or less)
- Save changes
- Fixed all known bugs except:
- At the ‘Edit this booking option’ page. Site admin can select one or more user names and then choose ‘Delete’ under ‘With selected’ dropdown menu. The page will be redirected to a delete page to confirm. But, this not works in IE8. Please reminder users to avoid IE for this function.
- How to add a new booking option
- Go to "Manage XX bookings"
- Click on "Edit booking option", do not change anything and click "Save and add new"
- Special user profile fields
- If you want to have certain information about your users (phone numbers), you can define custom user profile fields in the Site admin settings. You have to make them "required", then users have to fill out the form with the information requested before they can proceed to book a course.
Create booking options and add users.
Fields in CSV file are (must be in this order):
- name - name of booking option
- startdate - start date, 0 for no date
- enddate - end date, 0 for no date
- institution - institution
- institutionaddress - institution address
- teacheremail - teacher email - to match in users table
- useremail - user email to match with user in Moodle
- finished - if user has completed activity
- maxanswers - max. number of participants (default 0)
- maxoverbooking - max. number of places on waiting list (default 0)
- limitanswers - limit the number of participants Help with Limit the number of participants (1 for limiting or 0 to disable)
- location - location ex. room number
CSV import - activity completion
Fields in CSV:
- OptionID - Option ID
- UserID - User ID
- CourseCompleted - 1 - competed, 0 - not completed
- Field delimiter: , (coma)
- Enclosure field: " (quotation mark)
- Escape character: \ (backslash)
- Date parse format - format of startdate and enddate fields.