The Book module makes it easy to create multi-page resources with a book-like format.
Previously created websites can be imported directly into the Book module. Books can be printed entirely or by chapter.
The book module allows you to have main chapters and sub chapters, but it goes no deeper. In other words, sub chapters cannot have their own sub chapters, as the module is intended to be a simple resource for teachers and students.
The book module is not interactive. You can, however, link to choices, forums etc., from within a book. Also, Flash movies and other multimedia may be included in a book
- Book FAQ
- Using Moodle Book module forum
- Examples: The manuals at tokem.fi are a series of book modules. Each book is designed for a different level of Moodle user.
- Using Moodle Using a Lesson to simulate a Book forum discussion
- Using Moodle What's the difference between a Book and a Lesson?
- Procedure for setting up a Book pdf from Frances Hill
- The portfolio activity, in the plugins database, which is heavily based on the Book module. Based on the book module, this activity allows students to create portfolio contributions, with a structure set by the teacher.
- Early results of analysing use of the Book module at a University