- 1 Can I make a wiki that my students can read but not edit?
- 2 Students can't see each others wikis
- 3 I've set my wiki to groups but they can't see the first page
- 4 How can I have a TOC (table of contents)?
- 5 How can I grade my students' wikis?
- 6 Can I export a wiki?
- 7 Can I reset a wiki?
- 8 Why are embedded videos displaying twice in my wiki?
- 9 Any further questions?
Can I make a wiki that my students can read but not edit?
- Although you used to be able to do this in older versions of Moodle, it's not really in the "spirit" of a wiki and is no longer possible without tweaking permissions. A Book might do the job just as well, or a simple Page.
- However, if you really need to do this then remove the student role from mod/wiki:editpage and mod/wiki:createpage when you create your wiki. See forum discussion here: 
Students can't see each others wikis
If you have set the wiki to "individual", then only you the teacher and each individual student can see them. If you would like them to collaborate on a wiki, choose the collaborative option. However, this will just give one wiki for all the students.
I've set my wiki to groups but they can't see the first page
How can I have a TOC (table of contents)?
How can I grade my students' wikis?
There is no in-built grading facility in the wiki but you can manually add a grade item in the Gradebook called (for example) "yourwikiname" and enter your grades there.
Can I export a wiki?
While it was possible in earlier versions of Moodle to export wikis, for instance as zipped files, this is no longer the case. However, there is a wiki export plugin.
Can I reset a wiki?
Yes. Wiki pages may be deleted (along with removing tags and deleting comments.)
Why are embedded videos displaying twice in my wiki?
When using the Media icon in the text editor to add a video link, be sure to enter a name in the name field. Don't leave it empty.
See also the discussion YouTube embed appears twice in a wiki.
Any further questions?
Please post in the Wiki forum on moodle.org