Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.4. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is likely available here: James Neill/Moodleposium/2009/Evans.
Moodle at University of Queensland
- Peter Evans discussed develops in building virtual social communities and portfolios at UQ (indicated that would talk about Moodle, Wimba, and Mahara, but so far no much about these tools)
- Peter Evans is self-employed; his professional website
- Discussed difficulties/challenges about who, how, etc. will do this? Quite a different landscape - Aussie reality - compared to the OU model/scenario discussed by Kirkpatrick.
- Perhaps the key aspect of Peter's talk is the gnarly reality of trying to get a new kind of edtech learning model going in a typical Australian university - lots of questions/problems - some approaches/realities about UQ's approach - good questions - not so many demonstrated solutions - quite a few slides/text - a bit difficult to follow the underlying structure of the presentation
- Meta courses to easily collect people (e.g., e-portfolios)
- USQ has disabled several user features of Moodle! (including MyMoodle!)