An administrator can enable any/all of the following licences in Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Licences > Manage licences for user selection when publishing a course to Moodle.net or uploading a file from a File Repository.
- The default licence is All rights reserved but this may be changed in the dropdown. The other options are explained in the links below:
- All rights reserved (default option)
- Public domain - 1
- Creative Commons
- Creative Commons - NoDerivs
- Creative Commons - No Commercial NoDerivs
- Creative Commons - No Commercial
- Creative Commons - No Commercial ShareAlike
- Creative Commons - ShareAlike - 2
- Other - licence not already listed
Licences affecting what users see
Note: The licence given to a file when uploaded to Moodle does not in any way affect its visibility on a course. It simply creates the default when it is being re-used elsewhere. This default licence can be changed at the time of display.
- Investigating licenses in Moodle2 blog post from Jenny Gray
1 - This tool is based on United States law and may not be applicable outside the US. For dedicating new works to the public domain, Creative Commons recommends - CC0.
2 - - Deprecated 2004-05-25 and not recommended to be used by Creative Commons