- This allows a user to rate items in a course, depending upon the permission to rate items in particular activities and rating being enabled
- This capability is allowed for the default roles of manager, teacher, non-editing teacher, student and authenticated user
Advantages of having moodle/rating:rate AND rating capabilities for particular activities:
- The general rating caps are all on by default, so only the forum/database/glossary ones need to be toggled.
- You can turn off forum rating at the course level, independent from the database or glossary.
- You can switch all ratings on/off at the course level (without editing every single activity).
- All ratings across a course can be combined in a ratings report or activity report.