Why register my site?
Registering your site gives us a better picture of how Moodle is used worldwide and helps us make decisions about new features and plugins.
4 reasons to register
- Stay up to date by email whenever there are new releases of Moodle or security alerts.
- Be part of the statistics of the worldwide community.
- List your site on our list of registered sites in your country. (But if you want to keep it private, that’s fine too!)
- Make use of the messaging server https://messages.moodle.net/ for Moodle mobile push notifications.
How about security?
We don’t share your information with anyone. We don’t go into your site. We use the aggregated anonymous data to publish the statistics of the worldwide community and use the other data to help us in our decision making around new features and plugins.
How do I register?
Register your site by logging in as an administrator and going to Administration > Site administration > Registration. If you’re not the admin, ask them nicely to check!
I don’t want my details public
Your registration is private to us unless you choose to make it public.
Do I have to register? What happens if I don’t?
Registration is optional, but we wouldn’t want you to miss out on any important security issues or upgrades and put your site at risk.
The more people who register, the better a picture we get of how Moodle is used and which aspects we can improve.
So registering is a win-win for you as well as for us.
I can’t register my site!
Only sites which are online can be registered. If your site is online and you have problems registering or updating your registration, please email email@example.com.
Note that it can take a while before your site is listed on https://moodle.net/sites/ so please be patient.
- MoodleBites for Administrators - Server settings YouTube movie