New for administrators
If you're a Moodle admin, this page will tell you about the major changes affecting you in Moodle 3.2. If you'd like to see full details of the release with technical information, here are the Moodle 3.2 release notes.
Boost - a new core theme
Boost is a bootstrap 4-based, responsive and customisable theme. Its settings page offers options for changing the brand colour, uploading presets and adding custom SCSS and CSS.
- It includes a new 'navigation drawer' combining links from the navigation and administration block (1). The drawer may be opened or closed to free up screenspace.
- A gear menu (2) includes editing and administration settings.
Site administration is accessed from a single link in this nav drawer, opening up to offer quick admin search or useful tabs linking to admin areas.
- Administrators can create walkthroughs to highlight key areas or new features of the site.
- Tours may be uploaded from and shared to the Moodle Tours repository.
Competency framework import/export
- Importing and exporting competency frameworks as CSV format is now standard.
- Frameworks may be uploaded to and shared via the Moodle competency frameworks repository.
New default media player
- Media file embedding is responsive and accessible with a new default media player, VideoJS.
- An updated Media settings page and new VideoJS settings page offer much greater control over media display.
- When adding media from the Atto editor, options are available for alternative source uploading, adding thumbnails and subtitles/captions.
- Moodle is now compliant with LTI2 Providers
- Cartridges are implemented
- A new Content item allows users to configure and customise LTI tools to their specific needs.