Dashboard Configuraton: Plotting geographic information
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Dashboard Configuraton: Plotting geographic information.
Geographic data settings
Geolocated information are plotted on map as graphical markers. Markers can be defined as:
- A quadruplet: Title, Latitude, Longitude, Marker Class
- A sextuplet: Title, Address, Post code, City, Region Code, Marker Class
Information fields have following specification:
- Title: Textual label of the marker
- Latitude: floating point latitude
- Longitude: floating point longitude
- Address: road information
- Post code: Official post or zip code
- City: City name
- Marker Class: A classname, that will bind to a graphical icon
Setting fields let you bind required information to request output fields. Setting outputs will usually accept one or more field (or alias) names separated by semicolons (";").
- Title input: Query output fieldname providing the textual label
- Location input:
- Case 1: THE output column name providing the geolocation couple as a comma pair of floating point values : "lat,lng" (ex : 47.098456,1.4534456)
- Case 2: A semicolon separated list of query output fieldnames (or aliases) that provide in order : address, post code, city, and region code (*)
- Marker type input: The query output fieldname that provides a class label
(*) Some constant values can be given for city, post code and region code, using quoted values in place of field name:
will always provide the value "GB" as region code.