Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Course Archiving.
The plugin is developed to archive courses once a term an remove the archived courses from the term before. The Process of archiving has to be started manually and has a confirmation form before it begins with any changes. The timespan in days, of the past term, can be configured within the plugin configuration.
Archiving means the course will be set invisible, moved to the configured archive category and all student users will be unenroled. The same process deletes old courses in the archive category. The old courses will be deleted if there course begin is before the chosen timespan.
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download the Course Archiving plugin.
- Unzip it into your moodle/blocks/ directory.
- Login to you moodle as Administrator and go to Site administration -> Notifications to trigger the installation process.
- Turn editing on the home page.
- Add the block to the page.
- Follow the link in the block to the formula page and start the process(Details described below).
For more information see Installing contributed modules or plugins.
The block can be included by the admin on the main page. The categories and the timespan can be defined in the plugin settings. The block offers a link to the form where the process can be started.
Modules & Plugins database entry
You can also find the code on Github.
NOTE: In Github we use an empty master branch. The different plugin versions can be found in special branches for each Moodle version.