Moodle app SCORM player
Revision as of 15:05, 13 January 2016 by Juan Leyva (Created page with " == Technical Details == The Moodle Mobile SCORM player allows to play SCORM 1.2 packages, it comes with some features and limitations: * Support only for SCORM 1.2 packages...")
The Moodle Mobile SCORM player allows to play SCORM 1.2 packages, it comes with some features and limitations:
- Support only for SCORM 1.2 packages
- Support for objectives, interactions and pre-requisites
- Support for SCO navigation via nav.event
- Support only for uploaded packages, remote zip packages and zip packages in any type of repository supported by Moodle
- Does not support remote imsmanifest.xml packages or file system repository unzipped SCORMS
- Does not support opening packages outside the app (in a complete new browser for example)
- When the user loses connectivity, the offline mode is enabled and the attempt is converted to an offline attempt.
- When an offline attempt is synchronised back to the live Moodle site, we attempt to merge it in with any incomplete attempts on the site, otherwise it is saved as a new attempt.
Considerations when creating a SCORM package for offline usage:
- Don’t use flash or flv components
- Don’t use remotely included images, files, or media
- Don’t use popups
- Try to reduce the size of the images and use mobile compatible formats e.g. png
- Try to reduce the size of videos and use mobile compatible formats e.g. mp4
- Don’t use advanced HTML5 features, maybe is not supported by old devices (iOs4, Android < 4.4)
- Having a left navigation menu as part of the scorm will reduce the overall size that the scorm is displayed, so not having this feature within the player will produce a larger display on small devices.