Moodle Mobile guide for admins
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Moodle Mobile guide for admins.
Enable mobile services on your site
Your site needs to have mobile access enabled so users can use the mobile app.
For sites using https, mobile access is enabled by default in new installations of Moodle 3.0 onwards.
For http sites, mobile access can be enabled by an administrator as follows:
- In Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Web services > Mobile tick the 'Enable web services for mobile devices' checkbox
- Click the button to save changes.
If your site uses a SSL certificate it must be a trusted certificate. For security reasons the app doesn't work with self-signed certificates.
The app can also retrieve your custom styles from your Moodle site. Since the app is a HTML5 app, you can apply safely any CSS, CSS2 and CSS3 style.
Go to Site administration > Plugins > Web services > Mobile and enter in the mobilecssurl field a valid URL pointing to a CSS file containing your custom styles.
The CSS should be placed inside your Moodle installation (in your custom theme or inside a local plugin).
Once the user is logged in the app, remote CSS files for applying your custom styles are regularly retrieved.
Notice that on the first time a user opens the app, he will see the default "orange" style. Your custom styles will be applied once the user has added a site in the app.
For further information, see dev:Moodle Mobile Themes.
How to report a bug
- Log in to the Moodle Mobile tracker https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE (you'll need to create a tracker account if you've not done so previously)
- Check whether the issue has already been reported by searching all the issues
- If not, report the bug by clicking the 'Create Issue' link at the top right of the page, selecting 'Moodle Mobile' as the project
- Add a detailed description then click the Create button
- Attach the following files to the issue by selecting 'Attach Files' in the 'More actions' dropdown menu:
- 'Device information' - this can be found in the app (Settings -> Development -> Device info, you can send yourself this information by email using the e-mail button at the bottom)
- App Log (Settings -> Development -> Show Log, again you can send yourself this information by email)