Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Soundcloud filter.
This Filter will replace SoundCloud type urls with the default waveform Flash player.
SoundCloud is an audio platform that enables anyone to upload, record, promote and share their originally-created sounds across the internet, in a simple, accessible and feature-rich way. SoundCloud allows sound creators anywhere to instantly record audio on the site or via mobile applications and share them publicly or privately; to embed sound across websites, social networks and blogs and receive feedback from the community.
- Free account: Waveform widget, Secret link sharing, 120 upload minutes
- Using Soundcloud's Waveform Flash based player you can stream permalink and secret urls
- Can set player controls and background colours at site level
- Downloads are disabled
01) Make a folder called soundcloud under /filter folder so that you have a /filter/soundcloud folder.
02) Copy the files into the /filter/soundcloud folder.
03) Go to the /admin page and allow the filter to be installed.
04) Go to Settings -> Site administration -> Plugins -> Filters to configure.
Tips and tricks
SoundCloud for your mobile, create and record on your mobile phone.
- SoundCloud for iPhone http://soundcloud.com/apps/iphone
- SoundCloud for Android http://soundcloud.com/apps/android