Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Capabilities/moodle/site:viewfullnames.
- This allows a user to view the full names of other users.
- This capability is only applicable if the full name format is set to 'firstname' or another option in which the full name is not displayed in Administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > User policies. In this case, a user with a role in which this capability is not set, e.g. a student, can only view the first names of other users. A user with a role in which this capability is allowed, e.g. a teacher, can view the full names of other users.
- Preventing or prohibiting this capability does not result in full names of other users not being displayed at all. If the full name format is set to firstname then a user with a role in which this capability is prevented or prohibited can only view the first names of other users.
- This capability is allowed for the default roles of manager, teacher and non-editing teacher.
- The setting 'Alternative full name format' enables admins to define how names are shown to users with the view full names capability.
- Additional name fields