How can I turn on glossary auto-linking?
- The glossary auto-linking filter should be enabled by an administrator in Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Manage filters.
- Each glossary entry should have the "This entry should be automatically linked" box checked.
How can I make glossary entries auto-link to the first instance on a page ONLY?
To stop the linking of every instance, an administrator can enable either 'Filter match once per page' or 'Filter match once per text' in Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Common filter settings.
How can I delete a glossary entry attachment?
Simply delete the glossary entry and add a new one.
How can I enable glossary auto-linking in uploaded HTML files?
In Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Common filter settings, set filteruploadedfiles to "All files" or "HTML files only".
How can I exempt individual words from auto-linking to a Glossary entry?
If you don't want particular text to be linked (in a Forum post, say) then:
- In Edit mode, locate and click the Toggle HTML Source button on the formatting toolbar (appears as '<>' symbol)
- Locate the piece of text you want to exempt from autolinking
- Before and after the text respectively, add <nolink> and </nolink>.
- Save and check.
How can I prevent glossary auto-linking in a quiz?
- In Administration > Quiz administration > Filters turn the glossary auto-linking filter off
- Click the 'Save changes' button
How can I make a glossary "read only" for students?
- In Administration > Glossary administration > Permissions, set the Create new entries capability for Student to Prevent. (screenshot in forum thread thanks to Joseph Rézeau)
How do I import entries from another glossary?
How can I make a glossary global?
See this forum thread on making a glossary global.
Does the glossary activity support group mode?
The glossary activity doesn't yet support group mode (see MDL-10728). However, you can restrict glossaries to groups using the Restrict access options.
- Using Moodle Glossary module forum
- Import and export FAQ
- XML FAQ