Checklist quick guide
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Checklist quick guide.
What is Checklist?
Checklist is an activity (with a related block) which allows students or teachers to check off items on a course as they are completed and thus have a customised record of progress.
For more detailed information, see the Checklist activity documentation .
How is it set up?
The Checklist activity
- With the editing turned on in a course, add Checklist from the Activity chooser.
- Give it a name and, if needed, a description.
- Decide on the settings:
- Do you want to allow students to add their own items?
- Who should be allowed to add updates?
- Do you want due dates appearing in the calendar?
- Do you want to allow teacher comments?
- If you want an email sent out when the list is complete, whom should it go to?
- Do you want to automatically add all course items to the checklist?
- Do you want completed items to be automatically checked off?
The Checklist block
- Once a checklist has been created you can display its items in block form.
- With the editing turned on, click Add block and select Checklist.
- Click the configure icon to select which checklist to display (if you have more than one) and, optionally, which groups.
How does it work?
- Students see either a Checklist activity or block or both in their course.
- If they click the activity, they see a list of tasks with a progress percentage:
- If students have been allowed to add their own items they will see a button to do so:
- If the block has been added, students can see a progress bar and can click a link to access the activity: