Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Capabilities/moodle/user:loginas.
- This allows a user to log in as any other user, apart from administrators.
- This capability is allowed for the default role of manager only (as well as admin).
- This capability may be applied in the course or system context. If applied in the course context, it allows a user to login as another course participant and browse within that course only.
Note: After using the Login As function you are automatically logged out of Moodle when you return to your normal role. This is for security reasons. If you login again you will be redirected to the page that you were on previously.
How to use
1. Go to a user's profile
2. Scroll and look at the Administration block
3. Click on "Login as".
4. The profile image of the user you are logged in as will appear with your own in the user menu.