Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Capabilities/moodle/user:editownprofile.
- This allows a user to edit their own profile.
- The default Authenticated user role has this capability set to allow.
- Since user profiles are outside courses, changing moodle/user:editownprofile for the student role (normally given in a course) won't work. It should be changed for a system-wide role, such as the Authenticated user role, or in a new role, such as Restricted user as described in Demo teacher role.
Using Moodle forum discussions:
- How do you stop users (students) from editing their profiles? for an alternative method
- Unable to stop users editing their profile