Portable recording devices
Aquesta pàgina forma part de la documentació de Moodle en català, tot i que no ha estat traduïda encara. Podeu contribuir obertament a les tasques de traducció. Podeu consultar la Guia d'edició de la documentació i també participar ens els debats del fòrum de traductors de la documentació a moodle.org
The following guide maybe useful if you looking to use a portable recording device to create audio files for inserting into Moodle. A portable device allows a field recording to be made and directly uploaded as an unedited file into a computer. The MP3 file type is the recommended type but Moodle will recognize others (see Audio in Moodle).
Select a digital voice (or memo-) recorder, that has is familiar to many users. This will allow use in a variety of situations without the need for extensive technical knowledge or training.
- TIP: Remember that a teacher or technician might have to explain the use of a recording device to 20 people. The more obvious the functions of the recorder are to use, the less time needs to be spent on instruction and the easier field use should be for the novice.
The ideal requirements for such a device are:
- USB connection to transfer files to a computer
- No need to install software to read or transfer files
- Records in an appropriate MP3 format
- Has variable sample rates - higher the rate the larger the file, better sound quality
- 44.1 kHz - CD audio quality
- 22.05 kHz - about the quality of a 78 rpm recording
- 11.025 kHz - 1/4 that of a CD
- Power supply - consider what will work best for your institution/class
- We like AAA rechargeable batteries
- Some recorders have built in batteries that charge via the USB port
- Recording time of 1 to 6 hours generally will work.
- TIP: The sample rates are often stated as recording speeds such as SHQ, HQ. SP and LP. These are not standards and one recorder might use a 22.05 kHz for its HQ setting and another 44.1 kHz for its HQ setting.
This is a short list of devices which reduces the field of potential purchases from hundreds to a handful. The specifications of these devices can be matched against others for comparison.
- M-Audio MicroTrackII
- Phillips Digital Voice Tracer, 7790 or 7890
- Sanyo ICR-S250RM
- has a review of several digital recorders