local bs badge ladder
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: local bs badge ladder.
|local bs badge ladder|
|Type||General plugins (Local)|
This plugin provides two leaderboards for awarded badges. The first leaderboard shows the available badges sorted by the number of users owning this badge. The second one shows all users sorted by the number of badges owned by them.
There is one badge ladder for site badges and one for course badges which can be enabled for every course separately. For each badge ladder you can enable an anonymous mode to hide the names of users.
- Download the BS Badge Ladder plugin.
- Unzip it into your moodle/local/ directory.
- Make sure you have badges enabled on your Moodle system
- Login to your Moodle as administrator and go to "Site administration -> Notifications" to trigger the installation process.
Using the plugin
The site badge ladder can be found by going to "Site pages -> Site badge ladder" in the navigation block.
The course badge ladder can be found by going to "Badges -> Course badge ladder" in the current course menu in the navigation block.
Administrators and managers can go to the badge ladder settings page on "Site administration -> Plugins -> Local Plugins -> Badge Ladder". There you can setup the site badge ladder and the course badge ladder:
- Enable site badge ladder (enablesystemladder):
- The site badge ladder can be enabled and disabled for the whole page.
- Anonymize useres in site student badge ladder (anonymizesystemstudentbadgeladder):
- If activated users can only see their own names in the site student badge ladder. PLEASE NOTE: Even if deactivated users still needs the capability moodle/site:viewparticipants in system context to see the names.
- Allow course badge ladder (enablecourseladder):
- If course badge ladder is allowed it can be (de-)activated for each course separately.
- Default value for new courses (courseladderdefault):
- Select if the course badge ladder is enabled or disabled by default for new courses. This setting effects only on new courses. For existing courses it is disabled by default.
- Allow anonymization of participants in course student badge ladder (anonymizestudentbadgeladder):
- If allowed anonymization can be (de-)activated for each course separately. When activated participants can only see their own names in the course student badge ladder.
- Default value for anonymization of participants in student badge ladder (anonymizestudentbadgeladderdefault):
- Select if the anonymization of participants in student badge ladder is enabled or disabled by default for new courses. This setting effects only on new courses. For existing courses it is disabled by default.
Administration in a course
In a course the course badge ladder can be enabled and disabled by going to the "Edit ladder" tab of the course badge ladder. The anonymization of names of participants can also be activated here.
This plugin brings along two new capabilities:
- local/bs_badge_ladder:viewcourseladder :
- View the course badge ladder
- local/bs_badge_ladder:managecourseladder :
- Manage the course badge ladder
The displayed string for anonymized user names can be set by editing the string "anonymizedname" in the site language customisation.