block bs recent badges
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: block bs recent badges.
|block bs recent badges|
This block displays recently awarded course and site badges from all (course) users. You can choose if the block should display only course or site badges or both. For course badges there is an option to display also the name of the user the badge was awarded to.
- Download the BS Recent Badge plugin.
- Unzip it into your moodle/local/ directory.
- Make sure you have badges enabled on your Moodle system
- Login to your Moodle as administrator and go to "Site administration -> Notifications" to trigger the installation process.
Using the plugin
Administrators and managers can go to the settings page of the block on "Site administration -> Plugins -> Blocks -> Recent badges". There you can setup the site recent badges block:
- Allowed modus for course instances (block_bs_recent_badges_allowedmodus):
- Select which kind of badges the block should be allowed to display. In a course the trainer can choose between then allowed badge types.
- Allow displaying names of participants on course badges (block_bs_recent_badges_allownames):
- If activated the block instance will have the option to display the full name of participants who achieved the badge with a link to the user profile.
Administration of a block instance
For an instance of the block you have the following options:
- Number of displayed course badges
- Display names of participants on course badges:
- When activated names of participants are displayed below course badges with a link to user profile.
- Number of displayed site badges
- Size of badge icons:
- Badges can be displayed with a big or a small icon.
This plugin brings along two new capabilities:
- Add a new recent badges block
- Add a new recent badges block to dashboard