Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Random assignment.
Random assignment is an attempt to handle larger classes of students. For this purpose, we generate a series of html (txt, pdf, ...) files with the same structure but different numbers. In addition, we generate corresponding files with hints to solutions for teachers.
Basic functionality of the module
- Each student gets one file randomly.
- If the file has extension htm, html, or txt, it will be shown directly at the assignment page. Otherwise, only a link to file will be shown.
- Teacher specifies one or more files for assignments and (optionally) solution files with the same names
- In the assignment feedback page, teacher sees the assignment file and optionally the solution file as well. However, assignments are assigned to students (and teacher sees links to them) only after they see them for the first time.
- Copy directory random/ to moodle/mod/assignment/type/.
- If needed, add your language. Language files are located in moodle/mod/assignment/type/random/lang
- If upgrade from Moodle 1.9 will be performed, replace the file assignment/db/upgrade.php by the provided one.
Creation of an assignment
- Create activity: Assignment: random assignment and specify files for assignments and solutions.
The activity has been designed and built with the contributions of the following people:
- Lubos Cirka - Slovak Technical University in Bratislava > development
- Miroslav Fikar - Slovak Technical University in Bratislava > design concept
- Not known at the moment.