Install Postgres for Mac OS X
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Install Postgres for Mac OS X.
- install MAMP package in order to have a ready to use Apache web server.
- download the Mac OSX Postgres package one click installer
- run the installer, the installer tells you it changed a system file.
- restart your Mac
- run the installer a second time, Postgres gets installed. Remember the password you entered. If you don't change anything else, the default user should be called 'postgres'.
- run pgAdminIII
- click right on PostgreSQL X.X (there is a little red cross) and select Connect
- enter the same password as you enter during the installation.
- click right on 'Databases (0)' then create a new database called Moodle
- checkout Moodle from CVS, run the installation
- on the database setup, you will enter:
- host: localhost
- user: postgres
- password: your_password
- database: Moodle