Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.8. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: admin/environment/php extension/curl.
To install the curl library on Windows
- Open the php.ini file found in the php/php.ini folder (older versions of XAMPP use moodle/apache/bin folder)
- Find the line:
- Remove the
;at the beginning of the line
- Restart Apache
If you still get an error message after doing these steps, then:
- Go to the php folder.
- Copy the
icuuc##.dllfiles (where ## is a two digit number, for example: 36 or 49).
- Go to the Apache bin directory.
- Paste the three files:
apache/bin/icudt49.dll apache/bin/icuin49.dll apache/bin/icuuc49.dll
- Restart your Apache web server and retry your Moodle install process.
Tip: If it appears that WAMP comes with/has a corrupt curl.dll version, see the forum.wampserver.com thread Wamp Server 2.2 Windows 7 64-bit and curl not working side-by-side configuration incorrect for details of the problem together with a fix.
To install the curl library on Unix
- You need to recompile PHP from source
- add --with-curl to the command line when you run configure
Ubuntu and Debian
To install the curl library on Ubuntu and Debian
aptitude install php5-curl
- Restart apache if necessary:
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
sudo /etc/init.d/apache restart