Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.8. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Export questions.
Questions may be exported into Word format using a contributed plugin, Word table format. These can then be easily used to support offline review and editing of all components of a set of questions, or to create paper tests. Questions may also be exported into an alternative HTML tabular format using another contributed plugin, HTML table format. This format displays all components of a question, for easier offline review.
- Click Settings>Quiz Administration>Question bank>Export.
- Select the output type required for the exported file.
- Use the pulldown menu to select the question category you want to export
- Check if you want the category name to exported and/or the context to be included. This only applies to some formats and is used to restore this information on import.
- Click on the export questions to file button
- You are invited to download the file to your computer.
Example uses of exported files
- GIFT and Moodle XML formats can be imported into the Lesson module And Question bank via an import question process.
- Exported question files on one server, can be imported into another Moodle site/server
- GIFT and Moodle XML formats can be tweaked to create word processing or spreadsheet documents suitable for paper tests or vetting.
- In case you want to convert your Moodle XML file into text format upload XML to http://moodle.heroku.com. It automatically generates *.txt with your questions
- Moodle XML Converter to generate in and from XML.
- Website for converting Moodle Questions into tables in a Microsoft Word file, and vice versa.