Managing a Moodle site
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.7. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Managing a Moodle site.
A user with the role of Administrator is typically in charge of a Moodle site once it has been installed, although some tasks may be delegated to others by assigning them a role such as Manager. The links below provide more information about how to manage your Moodle site.
- Authentication - different methods of adding new users to your Moodle
- Managing accounts - how to search for, edit, delete or perform bulk actions on users
- Enrolments - different methods of adding users to courses.
- Roles and permissions - how to add or remove permissions from students, teachers and other users on your Moodle
- Security - how to keep your Moodle safe
- Performance - ways to check the efficiency and smooth running of your Moodle
- Backup - how to backup your site and courses
- Site appearance - ways to change the display and navigation of your site
- Language - how to add new languages and alter the default terms used.
- Server settings - registration, maintenance and default settings
- Site-wide reports - a list of useful reports for administrators
- Admin tools - a list of useful tools, such as DB search and replace and database transfer
- Developer tools - how to debug your site, purge caches and tools for test sites only
- Web services - how to connect other systems to Moodle to perform operations
- Community hubs - search for, download, enrol in or add your own courses to public directories.
- More features - Blogs, Comments, Tags, Messaging, Notes, RSS feeds, Calendar