Conditional activities FAQ
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.7. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Conditional activities FAQ.
- 1 What ARE Conditional activities?
- 2 Where are the settings to use Conditional activities?
- 3 Can I make access to a course conditional upon completing another course?
- 4 Can I set conditional activities for a whole section, not just individual activities?
- 5 Can I hide an item, reveal it, and then hide it again?
- 6 See also
What ARE Conditional activities?
Conditional activities is a feature that enables a teacher to release resources and activities for their students based on certain criteria such as date, grade received or participation.
Where are the settings to use Conditional activities?
The Moodle admin needs to enable it site wide in Administration>Site administration>Advanced features and a teacher will then see "restrict access" options in the setup screen of each activity.
Can I make access to a course conditional upon completing another course?
Not currently, no. It is not possible to restrict access to course B until a student has completed course A. There are workarounds such as setting a final page at the end of course A which is only revealed once the student has completed course A. In this page you can include the enrolment key for course B. However - this relies on trusting students not to pass the key onto others.
Can I set conditional activities for a whole section, not just individual activities?
Yes you can. The settings are within each course section when you click the "edit" icon.
Can I hide an item, reveal it, and then hide it again?
Yes you can. See this forum post on using conditional activities to make labels visible and then invisible
- Using Moodle how to clear checks on completion page as admin user forum discussion