Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.7. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Choice FAQ.
How can I enable users to participate in a front page choice activity?
To enable logged-in users to participate in a front page choice activity:
- Click the edit icon of the Choice.
- In the Settings block for the Choice, click Permissions.
- From the dropdown Advanced role override, choose "authenticated user"
- Set the capability mod/choice:choose to allow.
- Click the 'Save changes' button.
Can I allow users to make more than one choice?
It is not currently possible to do this; however, they can be allowed to change their mind if you set the choice to be updated.
Can I use images or other file types as choice options instead of text?
To do this, first upload your images or sound files (mp3) or video files to the internet.
- Copy the URL (web address) of the files you want to display.
- Paste it into a text editor like notepad (This is not essential but makes it easier to add the code)
- To display an image, add this code either side of your image URL:
- To display a sound or video file -first ensure your site admin has multimedia plugins/filters enabled
- Add this code either side of your sound or video file:
- Set up your choice as normal and in the options boxes, paste the relevant code+URL.
Beware! Double check before you paste - any extra or missing space or bit of code and it won't work.
- Using Moodle Choice module forum
Using Moodle forum discussions:
- Group choice activity additional plugin for Moodle 2.2 to 3.0