Screencasts are ways to present instructional material, usually through a series of pictures with an audio track.
Screencasts in Moodle
Where do I find screencasts about Moodle?
You may find links to screencasts at the bottom of many MoodleDoc pages with external links to Moodle screencasts on YouTube.
- the Moodle HQ channel which has a series of videos on Moodle 2.5 and screencasts of the latest features., and
- the MoodleBites videos uploaded by MoodleBites facilitators HRDNZ, official Moodle Partner
Tools for creating screencasts
- Screenr (free, not open source, owned by Articulate) - http://www.screenr.com
- CamStudio (open source) - http://camstudio.org
- Jing (free, but not open source) - http://www.jingproject.com
- recordMyDesktop (open source, for GNU/Linux systems) - http://recordmydesktop.sourceforge.net
- Camtasia Studio (commercial, 30-day trials and educational-pricing available) - http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp
- Screentoaster (web-based, free) - http://screentoaster.com/
- Wink (free, but not open source) - http://www.debugmode.com/wink/
How do I create a screencast?
- For detailed instructions see http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-moodle/wiki/CreatingTutorialVideos
- You also find instructions on the web sites of the above mentioned tools.