Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.6. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Moodle.net FAQ.
- 1 What is Moodle.net?
- 2 How do we get onto Moodle.net?
- 3 How can I publish courses to Moodle.net?
- 4 How can a teacher publish courses to Moodle.net?
- 5 Are there any criteria which courses must satisfy in order to be listed on Moodle.net?
- 6 How long does it take for a course to be approved and visible on Moodle.net?
What is Moodle.net?
Moodle.net (previously known as MOOCH) is the Moodle.org Open Community Hub - a directory of courses for download or to enrol in.
How do we get onto Moodle.net?
- EITHER go to moodle.net
- OR ensure your Moodle site is registered with Moodle.net in Settings > Site administration > Registration then add the Community finder block to courses on your site
How can I publish courses to Moodle.net?
Managers (and any other users with the capability moodle/course:publish) can publish courses to Moodle.net as follows:
- Go to Settings > Course administration > Publish
- Then choose whether you wish to your course to be available for people to enrol in or to download
See Publishing a course for more details.
How can a teacher publish courses to Moodle.net?
To enable teachers to publish courses to Moodle.net, an administrator needs to allow the capability moodle/course:publish for the teacher role. See Publishing a course for details.
Are there any criteria which courses must satisfy in order to be listed on Moodle.net?
Yes, just a few! See the Moodle.net Course approval criteria.
How long does it take for a course to be approved and visible on Moodle.net?
We aim to check and approve courses within 48 hours, though it can sometimes take a little longer, so please be patient. Courses for download undergo a virus scan before being manually checked. Courses for enrolling in are manually checked.
IIf you require your course to be approved urgently, please contact us.