Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.6. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Enrolled users.
All course participants are enrolled in the course and assigned an appropriate role.
- Can be assigned to groups
- Have grades
- Can submit assignments
- Are visible in the list of participants
- Can subscribe to forums
- Can participate in choices
Only enrolled users are true participants in course.
The enrolled users page Administration > Course administration > Users > Enrolled users lists all users enrolled in the course, together with their last access time, roles, groups and enrolment methods.
To assign an enrolled user a role, click the 'Assign roles' icon (a plus sign) in the roles column then select the desired role.
To remove a role assignment, click the delete icon (a cross) next to the role name.
- Only roles which can be assigned in the course context type are available to select. The course context type may be set by an admin by editing the role via 'Administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles.
- Only roles which a user is allowed to assign are available to select.
To add a user to a group (requires at least one group to have been created previously), click the 'Add to group' icon (a plus sign) in the groups column, select the desired group then click the 'Save changes' button.
See Manual enrolment for two methods of enrolling users.
Searching enrolled users
The search facility allows a teacher to search for specific enrolled users. This is useful when a course has many users enrolled with different methods.