Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.5. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Questionnaire module.
The Moodle Questionnaire module is a survey-like type of activity. It is a contributed module which can be downloaded from the Moodle Plugins Directory. It allows teachers to create a wide range of questions to get student feedback e.g. on a course or activities. The goals of the Questionnaire module are quite different from those of the Moodle Lesson or Quiz modules. With Questionnaire you do not test or assess the student, you gather data.
Summary of features
Types of questions
- Check Boxes
- Date Box
- Dropdown choices
- Essay box - HTML editor possible, set width and height of box
- Numeric - can set length and number of decimal places
- Radio buttons - have labels you determine for each question
- Scale - can customize in many ways
- Text box
You can also place:
- Page breaks
- Labels - might be used to give an overview of next set of questions
Types of reports
- Responses can be viewed by everyone or select group
- Responses can be exported
- The Questionnaire plugin can be downloaded from the Moodle Plugins Directory.
- Discussions: please create or find a discussion topic in the Questionnaire Forum
- Statistical_survey From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Moodle 2.6 will hopefully have a new module that combines the best of Questionnaire, Feedback and Survey into an upgrade for the Survey module. See Development: Survey 2 brainstorm