User:Chris collman/godaddy HELP
This is a subpage. I keep forgetting the tricks to create a fresh install on a GoDaddy account. I do not recommend GoDaddy, but I have to work with what I am given. While I wait forever for GoDaddy to load
You must have an account. This is the short version. I like all my subdomains and mysql and mooodedata to contain the same information. It is real handy later. Even if you only plan on having just one Moodle, I recommend changing the name to something other than the default.
- Get to the "Host control"
- DNS manage Create a new DNS
- Domain Name manage. Create a subdomain call it "moodle22"
- Database create a database (MySQL) call it "moodle22"
- FTP Manager, create a moodledata directory under HTML, call it "moodledata_moodle22"
- FTP Manager, upload your version of Moodle and unpack it in the HTML director
- FTP Manager, chec the zip or rar file and select Unarchive
- FTP Manager, check the new folder called moodle and rename it "moodle22".
Now you are ready for the install. Check the notes below. You mayhave to wait until GoDaddy is happy. Try any refresh buttons you see in the Host Control screen for DNS or Domain name. Go back after 5 minutes and refresh them again.
While my subdomain was moodle22 and I know it will put in my browser moodle22.WonderfulDomain.com Initially I have to put WonderfulDomain.com/moodle22.
- Probably you will mess up the mysql database info and get red error messages. See below.
Be sure to say not to use slashes in Server>HTTP or non of your images will work.
You should have created the mysql database (use the database tab) in Host Control Center.
Use the php editor link. You will have to log in again. Copy the address.
Replace "localhost" with the long string. something like: fantastic04262012.db.8222220.hostedresource.com