The RecordingsBN module is a contributed plugin written by Blindside Networks that works as resource for a course. It allows to present students and teachers a list of playback recordings related to the course which were previously created using a BigBlueButton server and the BigBlueButtonBN activities in the course.
RecordingsBN is part of the Moodle BigBlueButton set and complements BigBlueButtonBN to provide with all the features required in order to take advantage of the new capabilities offered by a BigBlueButton server version 0.80 (and later).
BigBlueButton is an open source web conferencing system for distance education. The goal of the project is to enable universities, colleges, and K12 to delivery a high-quality learning experience to remote students.
BigBlueButton supports real-time sharing of slides (PDF and any document readable by OpenOffice), webcams, whiteboard, chat, voice over IP (using FreeSWITCH), and presenter's desktop. It can record and playback sessions (slides, audio, and chat), runs on Mac, Unix, and PC clients, and is supported by a community of developers that care about good design and a streamlined user experience. (see release notes).
With this plugin you can
- Teachers and administrators can add a resource in any class to access and manage recorded lectures
- Teachers can publish, unpublish and delete recordings as part of the management of recorded lectures
- Students can access recorded lectures through the list of recordings offered by the resource
- A server running Moodle 2.0+
- A BigBlueButton 0.80 (or later) server running on a separate server (not on the same server as your Moodle site)
- The latest version of BigBlueButtonBN Activity Module installed and configured (see BigBlueButtonBN installation)
- The latest version of RecordingsBN Module
These instructions assume your Moodle server is installed at /var/www/moodle.
- Copy zip file you downloaded to /var/www/moodle/mod
cp recordingsbn.zip /var/www/moodle/mod
- Enter the following commands
cd /var/www/moodle/mod sudo unzip recordingsbn.zip
This will create the directory
- Login to your moodle site as administrator
Moodle will detect the new module and prompt you to Upgrade.
- Click the 'Upgrade' button.
The activity module will install recordingsbn.
- Click the 'Continue' button.
At this point, you can enter any course, turn editing on, and add a RecordingsBN activity link to the class.
Note: You must to have BigBlueButtonBN installed to actually manage meetings and to create recordings as well.
You can find a video overview of installing and using bigbluebuttonbn and recordingsbn, at http://www.blindsidenetworks.com/integrations/moodle/
1.0.8-b2 - for Moodle 2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3 (Source code)
Latest development release
1.0.8-b3 - for Moodle 2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3 (Source code)
For reporting bugs and issues or asking for new features use the Moodle tracking system Module: BigBlueButtonBN