Demo teacher role
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.4. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Demo teacher role.
The role of Demo teacher may be used to provide a demonstration teacher account with a password and profile which can't be changed.
- Access Settings > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles
- Click the button "Add a new role"
- Give the role a name (e.g. Restricted user), short name and description
- For context types where this role may be assigned, tick system
- Click the 'Show advanced' button so that the four different permission types are shown
- Filter for changeownpassword and editownprofile and change the capabilities moodle/user:changeownpassword and moodle/user:editownprofile to prohibit.
- Click the button "Create this role"
Account and course set-up
- Create a demo teacher account via Settings > Site administration > Users > Accounts > Add a new user
- Create a course for the demo teacher
The demo teacher account should be enrolled as a teacher in the course and assigned the system role of restricted user.
To assign the role of restricted user:
- Access Settings > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Assign system roles
- Choose the restricted user role to assign
- Select the demo teacher user in the potential users list, and use the left-facing arrow button to add it to the existing users list