Gradebook course settings
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Gradebook course settings.
Course settings determine how the gradebook appears for all participants in the course.
To change the course settings:
- Choose "Course settings" from the gradebook dropdown menu.
- Change the settings as required.
- Click the "Save changes" button.
Note: Individual teachers may override the aggregation position setting for their own grader report view via their "My report preferences" tab.
If the show rank checkbox is ticked, the position of a grade item in relation to the rest of the class will be shown.
Default course settings
The default course settings are set by an administrator in the following locations:
- Grade display type and overall decimal points - Administration > Grades > Grade item settings
- Default aggregation position - Administration > Grades > General settings
- Overview report setting - Administration > Grades > Report settings > Overview report
- User report settings - Administration > Grades > Report settings > User report