Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Feedback settings.
- 1 Enabling Feedback Module
- 2 Enabling Feedback Block
- 3 Feedback administration settings
- 4 Site administration settings
- 5 Feedback capabilities
Enabling Feedback Module
- As an administrator, go to Settings > Site Administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Manage activities
- Turn on the (open) eye of "Feedback"
Enabling Feedback Block
To provide the option of adding a Feedback block to a course, you must first ensure the block type has been enabled. When added to a course, the Feedback block will display a list of all Feedback activities from the Front Page. This is helpful for when you want to draw the user's attention to completing site-wide Feedback activities.
- Go to Settings > Site Administration > Plugins > Blocks > Manage blocks
- Turn on the eye of "Feedback" here to in order to have Feedback as a block.
Feedback administration settings
- With the editing turned on, in the section you wish to add your Feedback, click the "Add an activity or resource" link (or, if not present, the "Add an activity" drop down menu) and choose Feedback.
Give your Feedback a title.
This text will be displayed to users before they enter the feedback.
Open and Close Feedback
This allows you to set a time period during which the Feedback will be available to responses.
Record User Names
Choose from the following options:
- Users' Names Will Be Logged and Shown With Answers
Show analysis to students
Yes/No. The summary results can be shown to respondents, or shown only to teachers.
Note: The wording here is misleading, as administrators only receive feedback notifications if they have been enrolled in the course. Teachers enrolled in the course will receive notifications. See https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=214599
Yes/No, for anonymous polls allow unlimited answers for every user, for polls where the user name is logged this allow users to resubmit their answers.
Page (Site) after submit
This allows you to present users with a message after completion. If you want students to be sent somewhere or to see something other than "Your answers have been saved" after completing a Feedback activity, you can put a URL in Site after submit and/or some text in Page after submit respectively. If you fill them both in, the students will first see whatever text you put in Page after submit, then click Continue and be sent to the URL in Site after submit. If you leave them both blank, the students will just see a "Your answers have been saved" message. Neither of these fields is required for a student to answer the questions, but they must click the Answer the questions... link to start the Feedback activity.
Site administration settings
The feedback module has additional settings which may be changed by an administrator in Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Feedback.
Allow full anonymous
Changing this setting to "yes" permits non-logged in users on the front page to complete a feedback activity.