Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Booking module.
Booking module for managing course participants (online course or offline course)
- Max participants
- Automatic course subscription
- Confirmation mail
- Download userlist as xls or ods
- Cancellation system
- Subscription period
How to use the booking module
- General settings:
- Add an activity > Booking
- Give a general name (not your EVENT name), booking text will be shown at the top of page.
- Default booking limit Numbers can be defined at each event page too.
- Time period is very important.
- Yes to email settings
- Policy page is really useful.
- Save and display
- Edit booking option (See No3. in step2)
- Events settings
- Click on the ‘Manage x responses’ link at the top-right corner
- Click on the bottom/latest ‘Edit this booking option’ under ‘Mange column’
- Give an Event name into ‘Booking’ field.
- You can define ‘limit number’ and ‘Restrict time’ here again.
- Looks like you can book for other course, but, I think we can ignore this.
- Description will be shown on the booking table, very important.
- Click on ‘Save and add new’
- You can delete a user’s booking
- You can delete an event with all bookings in it.
- You can click on the button ‘Download users as .xls’ to download bookings in spreadsheet for each Event, or click on the button at the bottom of page to get a full list (Great!)
- Click on the ‘Permissions’ under the ‘Settings’ block.
- At the dropdown menu: ‘Advanced role override’ choose ‘Manager’ (or teacher, or any role)
- At table: Activity: Booking, tick ‘Allow’ Permission to all five lines (or less)
- Save changes
- Fixed all known bugs except:
- At the ‘Edit this booking option’ page. Site admin can select one or more user names and then choose ‘Delete’ under ‘With selected’ dropdown menu. The page will be redirected to a delete page to confirm. But, this not works in IE8. Please reminder users to avoid IE for this function.
- How to add a new booking option
- Go to "Manage XX bookings"
- Click on "Edit booking option", do not change anything and click "Save and add new"
- Special user profile fields
- If you want to have certain information about your users (phone numbers), you can define custom user profile fields in the Sit admin settings. You have to make them "required", then users have to fill out the form with the information requested before they can proceed to book a course.
Installation (for Moodle Administrators)
- If you want to support the project, or get support, then you can buy the version with support at http://www.edulabs.org/en/shop