Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Log in.
To "Log in" to a Moodle site is straight forward. The Moodle site administrator can determine how people can enter the site. Some sites will not allow guests and the administrator gives each teacher or student a username and initial password.
Your administrator should tell you or give you a link to your Moodle site.
1. You will need to be on the same network as your Moodle site. For example, if it is on the Internet, make sure you are connected to the internet.
2. Open up your web browser. Moodle supports all major internet browsers such as IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.
3. Enter the website address of the Moodle site in the browser's address bar. Some websites have a link to click on that will direct you to the Moodle site.
4. Look for a login block that will allow you to enter your user name and password. See the above image as an example. Remember user names and passwords are case sensitive.
5. Fill in the Username box, then click on the Password box and fill it in with the password given to you. Then press the Login button.