Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Capabilities/moodle/role:unassignself.
- This allows a user to unassign themself from a role in the given context.
- This capability is allowed for the default teacher role and not set for the default student role i.e. a student can't unenrol themself from a course.
- An "Unenrol me from the course" link exists in the course administration block for users with this capability. They also have an "Unenrol me from the course" button in their profile pages.
To enable students to unenrol themselves from a course:
- Access Administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles.
- Click the edit icon opposite the student role.
- Change the unassign own roles capability from not set to allow.
- Click the "Save changes" button.
The role change will take effect immediately in Moodle 1.9, or when students next login in Moodle 1.7 and 1.8.