Mobile Moodle FAQ
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Mobile Moodle FAQ.
How can I use Moodle on mobile devices?
There are currently 3 main ways to use Moodle on mobile devices:
- Users can open Moodle sites in their mobile web browers (not recommended).
- Users can download native apps for their mobile devices.
- Admins can configure their Moodle site to be Mobile-accessible through server extensions.
- MoodleTouch (aka mTouch) for iOS, created by Ali OzGur.
- mPage for iOS and Android (work in progress), created by Mass Media HK.
- Mbot for Android, created by Code Guild.
- MoMo (Moodle for Mobiles) - Requires a server extension and a client app; supports most mobile OSes including Symbian.
- MLE-Moodle - Allows course designers to make a separate set of Moodle pages for mobile users.
- Moodbile - Reference implementation of Moodle Web Services. Under development.
- iPhone4Moodle - Under development.
What is the mobile theme selector do?
Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme selector
- Moodle for mobile forum
- Using Moodle Proposal for Supporting Mobile Themes and Browser Detection forum discussion