Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Files.
question about this page
If I have understood it correctly this page should be the intro page to the Add a resource>file option - but it seems to talk in general about files in Moodle 2.0 In fact -it is called Files and redirects from File - when surely it should be called File? The other links are File settings/Using file and file FAQ. I would like to rewrite this as an intro to using the File module but just want to double check what others think.--Mary Cooch 22:17, 30 September 2011 (WST)
- Hi Mary, looking at the page history, it seems Files was about course files in Moodle 1.9 and before. Thus I have added a redirect and created the page File for the File resource type. Just wondering whether things could be made clearer by renaming 'File' to 'File module' or 'File resource' or even 'File resource type' (and similarly for other resource types)? What do you think? --Helen Foster 14:52, 1 October 2011 (WST)
Hi Helen - do you mean changing File to sometheing else? Not sure really: When newbies go to Moodle they look at "add a resource>File" and click on the word "File" They wouldn't necessarily know that "File" was a module or a resource type -to them it's just the place where you add a file. I think the having the intro page URL as File (or Folder/Label etc) is fine. The settings pages named as File/Folder module settings etc is fine as you get there from the intro page and by then have a clearer idea of the concept of File/Folder whatever being a "module" (I have expressed myself really badly I can tell :( ) --Mary Cooch 15:49, 1 October 2011 (WST)
- Fine, let's leave File as it is, and don't worry Mary, I understand you perfectly, at least I think I do ;-) --Helen Foster 16:05, 1 October 2011 (WST)
Deleted comments which were about about the legacy file system. We have a new set of things to talk about :) --chris collman 02:05, 6 August 2011 (WST)
Proposed informtion about zip files
(now I AM confused... how is this page different from this page https://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Working_with_files_and_folders which is where I would have put my info but someone else has instead) --Mary_Cooch
- Hi Mary, Looks like Mira Vogel did a lot of work on 5 Aug 2011 concerning zip files. Two people saw a need about the same subject and somebody was going to be first. Without a priority and assigned tasks, this happens in a wiki and in nature.
- Been there done that to others, been there to find that happened to me:) So there are a couple of choices, post your workup on this or the working with files talk page, or review what Mira has done and improve it. You could do both. This would allow others to glean the best from both.
- BTW: went to your school's website. Very nice, colorful yet cleanly organized. Personal message from Mr. Moodle:) I liked all the pictures which is just the opposite of our 4 Moodles. --chris collman 18:55, 6 August 2011 (WST)