Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Blocks.
Global Search Block
I find plenty of reference to the Global Search Block in the documentation, but cannot find in in v2.1. Has is moved somewhere not obvious or has support for it been dropped from Core? Is it now considered non-core, Third Party? I have deleted the reference out of the Blocks article and will continue to do so elsewhere other than in the comment pages.--Colin Fraser 16:04, 6 August 2011 (WST)
Thanks Mary, I found it when I installed Mauno's SEE mods three days ago HA! With my usual brilliance - look everywhere else but where it is. Usually I find things in the last place I look..:) --Colin Fraser 18:49, 11 August 2011 (WST)
Pre-Moodle 2.0 Comments
These comments remain here simply as they point to a historical reference as to how this page has come into being.
List of blocks
This page should probably also list the available blocks with a short description and a link to more details for each block type. --Gustav Delius 18:53, 14 February 2006 (WST)
- Thanks Gustav, I've started by adding a list of blocks. We just need descriptions now. --Helen Foster 23:35, 14 February 2006 (WST)
I suspect that different activities will allow blocks to be added to them. Blocks can be added to Lesson in 1.9. While features are the same, we probably will probably want to add sections for how blocks work in a specific activity. For example, one for course, one for lesson. --chris collman 11:07, 27 May 2007 (CDT)
- Hi Chris, just copying some of the contents of Blocks (activity) here before deleting the page:
Teachers can add blocks to many activity modules in 1.8 onward, if this feature is turned on as a site theme setting.
A teacher can add blocks to lesson by selcting the "Preview" tab and turn block editing on by clicking on the "Blocks editing on" button in the upper right hand corner.
- The only quirk is if you answer a question and are on the feedback screen and then push the "Blocks editing on/off" button, you go back to the question that you just answered.
Page name change from Blocks (activity)
The term block is used many places in Moodle. Blocks can be added on the homepage of the site, the users homepage (My Moodle), a course homepage and now in an activity module. I am not sure which modules make use of this function. I know Lesson does in 1.9 (thank you Mark) but I found the switch in my 1.8 localhost and I am in the process of find out which ones.
This page should be in the Block catagory, and worked into the teacher documentation page. Plus probably referenced in various activity modules pages. --chris collman 12:47, 1 June 2007 (CDT)
- Hi Chris, thanks as always for your documentation contributions :-) Just wondering whether the contents of Blocks (activity) could be moved to Blocks (teacher), as the use of the word "activity" in the page title is rather confusing. --Helen Foster 10:58, 4 June 2007 (CDT)
- Hi Helen, how did I miss responding to your comment, must have been in non-Moodle phase this summer. Thanks for changing it, excellent idea. --chris collman 07:13, 27 September 2007 (CDT)
In addition to blocks (teacher) it should be added a page 'blocks (administration)' including information about website administration block network servers block mentees block admin bookmarks block. Ralf Hilgenstock 22:20, 16 October 2007