Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Settings.
Settings is a term that is used in many places in Moodle. The purpose of this page is to direct the reader to some of those places with links. Often setting information can be found as a section in a page, which can be hard to find for a new user.
The most common use of "settings" refers to a page that controls the characteristics of a Moodle feature. For example, there is a settings screen for each course that will determine if the student/teacher will see course sections as topics or weeks. The lesson setting page has a box that will hide or show that specific lesson to the student. In fact, every activity that can be put in a course has a different settings page/screen.
In Moodle 2.0 many of these are located in the Settings block that appears on many pages.
- Overall course settings are described in Course settings
- Assignment settings are described in Assignment settings
- Chat settings are described in Chat settings
- Choice settings are described in Choice settings
- Database settings for an activity in a course are described here Database settings
- Forum settings are described in Forum settings
- Glossary settings are described in Glossary settings
- LAMS has very little documentation in LAMS settings
- Lesson settings are described in Lesson settings
- Quiz settings are described in Quiz settings
- SCORM/AICC settings are mentioned in SCORM settings
- Survey settings are mentioned in Survey settings
- Wiki settings are described in Wiki settings
- Workshop settings are mentioned in Workshop settings
Individual user profiles settings can be found here: Edit profile