Safe exam browser
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Safe exam browser.
It must be enabled via the site administration block, Administration > Miscellaneous > Experimental.
Safe Exam Browser is a customised web browser that must be downloaded an installed on the computer that the student uses to attempt the quiz. The restrictions placed on students are similar to those in pop-up window case, but because Safe Exam Browser is software running on the student's computer, it can do a much more effective job of restricting their actions. If you select this option:
- Students will only be able to attempt the quiz if they are using Safe Exam Browser.
- The browser window will be fullscreen (without any navigation elements).
- The window cannot be closed until the test is submitted.
- Shortcuts keys such as Win, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Alt+F4, F1, Ctrl+P, Printscreen, are disabled.
- Copy and paste, and the context menu, are disabled.
- Switching to other applications is disabled.
- Surfing to other web sites is prohibited.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP