Portfolios in Moodle make it easy for a student to export their work to an external portfolio. For example, student work might include forum posts or assignment submissions that they believe demonstrates their knowledge.
Portfolios are disabled by default in Moodle and must be enabled by a site administrator. See Managing portfolios for details.
- When portfolios are enabled, forum posts and other exportable data (see below) have a save link beside them.
- User clicks one of these buttons.
- User is able to choose from a list of configured portfolios (this step will be skipped if there's only one).
- User may be asked to define the export format of the captured content e.g. HTML, images and text.
- User may be asked to define some metadata to go with the captured content (some will be generated automatically).
- The content and metadata is COPIED to the external portfolio system.
- User has the option to return to the page they were previously viewing or visit the their portfolio (certain portfolios only).
- Assignment submissions - single and multiple file uploads
- Chat sessions
- Database activity module entries (##export## tag may be added to list and single templates)
- Database activities
- Forum posts
- Glossary entries
Possible export formats include
- LEAP2A, a specification for e-portfolio portability
Additional formats such as PDF can be added.
Common portfolio settings
Common portfolio settings can be set by an administrator in Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Portfolios > Common Portfolio settings.